I ordered a theracane from Amazon.com and really like it! It’s great because you can reach trigger points without the aid of another person. It can reach every trigger point in your body! I highly recommend them. I got one for my brother-in-law and he loves it.
Tomorrow I meet with my nutritionist who is going to give me meal plans! Because I have fibromyalgia, she had me buy a water distiller (the $99 one that has stainless steel inside) and a nice blender so I can make smoothies, too. Apparently this commercial blender will chop up avocado seeds and other seeds that hold a lot of nutrients. Now I’ll be able to really start getting a handle on my nutrition and stop craving things I don’t need! She said that eventually I will be able to go off some of the medication I take for chronic pain. That would be wonderful!
Here are some nutrition tips she gave me:
- Water instead of Sodas, Kool Aid, etc.
- Eat at least 4 cups of cooked vegetables – include dark greens
- Eat 2-3 servings of fruit daily – don’t count juice
- Fish – 3 times a week (especially salmon and small fish)
- Good fats – olive, safflower, nuts & seeds, avocado
- Shop around the periphery of the grocery store
- Go natural – minimize salt, sugar, additives, preservatives
- Eat a variety of foods
- Nibble instead of gorge
- Stay away from foods that don’t rot or sprout
- Eat nutrient dense foods
- Choose high fiber foods
- Eat enough protein (100 grams if you weigh 150 lbs)
- Stay away from hard to digest foods
- Avoid grilling
- Keep bowels healthy – at least one bowel movement a day
At my first meeting with my nutitionist, she did say I should drink 2 cups of lukewarm distilled water first thing in the morning, before eating any food. This gently awakens the digestive system. She said to use skim milk instead of 2%, to eat two halves of a walnut everyday, to get Ezekiel bread, to drink water 15 minutes before a meal or 30 minutes after (but don’t drink during a meal!), to use coconut oil for stir frying, and that I should eat dates with grapefruit instead of alone as a snack. Lastly, she said to eat two egg whites and one egg yolk for breakfast and that boiled or poached are best. I didn’t know the protein was in the egg white and not the yolk! I’ve been trying to do these things until I get my real meal plans from her on Thursday.
I hope everyone enjoys their holidays. Maybe taking a look at my post about taking breaks would be helpful, since many dancers will be enjoying some needed time off this week and next!